Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Significance of anjarai petty (masala dabba)


This is a spice box u can find in all indian house holds.when i was cooking this morning , as usual in a hurry wanting to send my kid to school,i was searching for mustard seeds all over the kitchen shelves. I had a habit of keeping spices in their packets and using them when needed. In my hurry i pushed all other spice packets down and the entire kitchen was a mess .
now cleaning spilt spices is even more difficult rather frustrating for me. This made me think about this woderful spie box "Anjarai petty" in which i could keep all the basic spices i need for everyday cooking. This is also equivalent to a medicine box as all the spices placed here  help in treating common ailments and are best home remedies. The mustard seeds, coriader seeds,fenugreek seeds,turmeric and pepercorn. All these spices are very important and have greay medicinal valuses. I use them everyday.so should u !
it is a custom for married women in india to have a masaladabba in their kitchen.My mother passed hers on to me and I woyld do the same to my daughter as well.
This is an excellent way of storing spices as well.
Enjoy and happy cooking!!
chao!


No comments:

Post a Comment